Care For Yourself - Resources
- American Cancer Society - Information on different types of cancer, treatment options, research, support groups and resources.
- American Diabetes Association - Information about diabetes, food and fitness, news and research.
- American Dietetic Association - Nutrition information including facts, eating and healthy lifestyle tips, and other resources.
- American Heart Association - Information on cardiovascular disease and stroke, the number one cause of death in Iowa.
- Cancer Care - Iowa’s Comprehensive Cancer Control (CCC) Program helps coordinator the state’s cancer prevention and control efforts.
- Choose My Plate - Information on how to improve the nutrition and well-being of Americans.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer - National education and support organization improved quality of life for people affected by breast cancer.
- Million Hearts - National Initiative: Information on how to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes over the next five years.
- National Cancer Institute - Information about all cancers; screening, early detection, diagnosis, symptoms, risk factors and treatment.
- National Cervical Cancer Coalition - Cervical cancer, patient information, and health news.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - Information on prevention of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center - Complete information to help women make decisions about their health.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Information and education on cancer research about causes, treatment, and search for a cure.
- WISEWOMAN - Information on WISEWOMAN (Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation) program administered through Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).