Are you a college student looking for an opportunity for training and experience in public health?
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) internship program is designed to offer college level students, both graduate and undergraduate, an opportunity to gain work experience in state government. Applications are received and matched with specific internship opportunities in various programs at the IDPH. This program offers many benefits:
- Promotes better ties with academic community as well as an opportunity to create a "real world" working environment.
- Provides opportunities to network and meet health professionals.
- Provides programs the opportunity to work with potential future employees.
- Enhances individual performance and provides valuable job skills.
- Students complete valuable work products and introduce new ideas.