The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) internship program is designed to offer college level students, both graduate and undergraduate, an opportunity to gain work experience in state government. Applications are received and matched with specific internship opportunities in various programs at IDPH. This program offers many benefits:
- Promotes better ties with academic community as well as an opportunity to create a "real world" working environment.
- Provides opportunities to network and meet many other health professionals.
- Provides programs with opportunities to screen for future employees.
- Enhances individual performance and provides valuable job skills.
- Students complete valuable work products and introduce new ideas.