Weekly newsletter from the Center for Acute Disease Epidemiology (CADE) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH).
EPI Update for Friday, October 25, 2013
Description: Weekly newsletter for the Center for Acute Disease Epidemiology (CADE)
Friday EPI Update October 25, 2013
Items for this week’s EPI Update include:
- Unpasteurized apple cider can be a health risk
- Overprescribing rates remain high for pharyngitis, bronchitis
- IDPH doubles nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) offer
- Severe acute illness in a toddler exposed to multiple pesticides
- Soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizers?
- Meeting announcements and training opportunities