Written public comments pertaining to the administrative rules implementing Senate File 2360, the Medical Cannabidiol Act, will be accepted until August 26. On August 26, 2014, a public hearing will be held from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m., during which individuals may present their views either orally or in writing.
Written comments prior to August 26, 2014 should be directed to:
Deborah Thompson, Iowa Department of Public Health
Lucas State Office Building
321 E. 12th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0075
Comments may be sent by fax to (515) 281-4958 or by e-mail to Deborah.Thompson@idph.iowa.gov.
At the public hearing on August 26, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., comments may be presented either orally or in writing; individuals will be asked to give their names and addresses for the record, and to confine their remarks to the subject of the rules. This hearing will originate from the Iowa Communications Network (ICN) and will be accessible over the ICN from the following locations:
- Ottumwa Regional Health Center, 1001 E. Pennsylvania, Ottumwa
- North Iowa Area Community College - 4, 500 College Drive, Mason City
- Iowa Western Community College - 1, 2700 College Road, Council Bluffs
- Sioux City Public Library, 529 Pierce Street, Sioux City
- Davenport Public Library, 321 Main, Davenport
- Lucas State Office Building, Sixth Floor, 321 E. 12th Street, Des Moines
This hearing will also be accessible via conference call by dialing 1-866-685-1580 and using the pass code 5152814355. Any persons who intend to attend the public hearing and have special requirements, such as those relating to hearing or mobility impairments, should contact the Iowa Department of Public Health and advise staff of specific needs. The proposed Administrative Rules may be found at www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/aco/bulletin/08-06-2014.pdf, beginning on page 45.