The philanthropic effort of an athletic apparel merchandiser, the Finish Line Youth Foundation, distributes money to nonprofit organizations to support athletic and wellness programs focusing on living a healthy lifestyle, bolstering confidence and leadership skills, and teaching the importance of teamwork.
Generally, grants range from $1,000 - $5,000 although the foundation may occasionally make significant, larger grants to maximize the funding impact in the foundation's areas of interest. The foundation is particularly interested in:
- Organizations providing opportunities for participation for children and young adults age 18 and under;
- Organizations whose activities provide direct services to individuals and produce tangible results, rather than those that are policy oriented;
- The potential impact of the program/project and the number of people who will benefit;
- The organization's fiscal responsibility and management qualifications;
- The ability of an organization to obtain the necessary additional funding to implement a program or project and to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant has expired; and
- Programs operating near Finish Line stores.
For more information visit their website.