Voices for Healthy Kids®, a joint initiative of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and American Heart Association (AHA) works to help all young people eat healthier foods and be more active. Nearly one in three children and teens are overweight or obese. By engaging, organizing and mobilizing people in communities across the United States, Voices for Healthy Kids will make the healthy choice the easy choice in the places where children live, learn and play.
The vision at Voices for Healthy Kids is to see every child with healthy foods and drinks at home and in school, safe streets for biking and walking, and places to play after school. They are working to ensure that the places where children live, learn and play make it easy and enjoyable for them to eat healthy foods and be active.
These toolkits are designed to help coalitions educate their communities on ways to make this vision a reality. Request the toolkit materials today-in print or downloadable form!
Available Toolkits include:
- Healthy Food Financing Toolkit: What's In Store for Us?
- Competitive Foods Toolkit: Make Food Choices an Easy 'A'
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Toolkit: Don't Sugarcoat Our Future
- Shared Use Liability Toolkit: Unlock the Doors
- Safe Routes to School State Appropriations Toolkit (coming soon)
- Healthy Food Financing Corner Stores Toolkit (coming soon)
Go to Voices for Healthy Kids to request the materials.