The Innovation Fund for Oral Health represents a unique opportunity for inventive nonprofit organizations to leverage Foundation resources to develop and test new effective solutions to inequities in oral health and to partner with the Foundation to bring effective solutions to scale to achieve systems-level improvements that promote oral health. As such, it is important that applicants thoroughly evaluate their proposal ideas to assure that they meet the qualifying criteria of doing things differently and better. Proposals that describe ideas to do different things that maximize change towards optimal systems will have the greatest possibility of approval for funding.
View the RFP for the Innovation Fund here.
View the launch webinar slides here.
Do You Have an Idea for Consideration?
Applicants must be based in the United States or its territories and may be either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue code. Please submit a brief, 1 to 2 page concept paper to Andrea Forsht, Grants and Programs Associate, DentaQuest Foundation.
Prospective applications should address the following:
- Briefly describe the proposed program or initiative; explain how it positively impacts one or more of the Foundation's Systems Change Outcomes and the specific and measurable goals you will accomplish during the grant year.
- Identify where the proposed program or initiative falls within the Innovation Model for Systems Change.
Following a review of the concept paper and subsequent conversations, the Foundation will invite a pool of applicants each month to submit a full proposal through the Foundation's Online Application System.
Due to the overwhelming interest in the Innovation Fund for Oral Health, at this time they are only accepting inquiries via email. Please be sure to view the webinar (posted on this page) and review the RFP for more information.
- 4th Thursday of Each Month - Concept papers due for consideration for invitation to submit a full proposal the following month
- 2nd Thursday of Following Month - Full proposals invited
- 2nd Thursday of Following Month - Full proposals due
More information is available on their website.