- Interfaith Housing at (563) 324-1483
Additional Contact Information
A 16 hour course that enables an individual who has already taken the 24-hour worker course to upgrade to a lead abatement contractor.
Supervise lead abatement projects
- Supervise certified lead abatement workers
- Be responsible for conducting lead abatement projects according to IDPH rules and regulations.
- Submit lead abatement notifications to IDPH.
- In addition a 3rd party exam is required for abatement contractor eligibility. All lead professionals must submit an application for individual and firm certification with a $60.00 fee after completing course requirements.
To maintain current status all abatement contractors must reapply annually and take an 8hr abatement refresher every 3 years.