March is National Nutrition Month. Being healthy means living an active life and eating smart. It's important to make activity and healthy nutrition not only a priority at home, but also at work. Most of us spend a lot of time at work, so it's important to learn how to incorporate more activity and good nutrition in our workplace. For example:
How can I be active at work?
- If you drive, park further away to get some extra steps.
- Start a walking club with co-workers and go for a walk on breaks or at lunch.
- Consider having walking meetings. When meeting with small groups, take your meeting on the move.
How do I eat smart at work?
- Eat a healthy breakfast at home, so you'll be less tempted by less healthy eating options at work.
- Turn Donut Fridays into Fruit Fridays.
- Bring healthy items to office potlucks.
- Limit the number of times you eat out for lunch.
Click here for more suggestions on making healthy choices at work, and to learn more about National Nutrition Month, click here.
<< Return to the IDPH Home page