This program was previously supported by federal funds from the Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry, but is now supported by state funds;
- Program staff help identify and assess potential public health threats posed from exposure to hazardous waste sites, and from exposure to potentially toxic chemicals and substances
- This program works closely with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Other governmental agencies and members of the public can request the Hazardous Waste Site Health Assessment to perform assessments and consultations evaluating health risks from exposure to areas where hazardous or toxic substances may exit.
Read Health Assessments and Consultations Online
View Fact Sheets Online
For more information, contact:
- Stuart Schmitz, M.S., P.E.
(515) 281-8707, or
- Use the "Contact Us" page to submit questions online.
You can also visit the following web page: www.atsdr.cdc.gov
Documents denoted by are available in Portable Document Format (.pdf).