Fall Regional Meetings
Tattoo Inspector Training
Other Training Opportunities
Environmental Health Toolkit
EH and You
Education of Local Boards Of Health
Provides direct technical assistance and education to local boards regarding local EH programs and their responsibilities/authorities.
Environmental Health: A Profile of Iowa's Local systems Nov. 2001
Model Environmental Health Programs
Chapter 137 of the Code of Iowa
- Sets up jurisdiction of local board of health
- Provides rule-making authority
- Provides authority to employ EH personnel to deliver services
- Allows local boards of health to issue penalties
641 Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 77
- Establishes requirements of local boards of health.
- Identifies three core functions and 10 essential services of public health.
- Identifies structure and membership of the local board of health.
- Requires local boards of health to provide minutes of meetings to the Iowa Dept. of Public Health.
Chapter 455B.172 of the Code of Iowa
- Requires local boards of health to be the administrative authority over private septic systems and private water wells.
Chapter 331.302 of the Code of Iowa
- Identifies the process for establishing county legislation under the board of supervisors.
Documents denoted by are available in Portable Document Format (.pdf).