EMS Systems Standards
The Iowa EMS System Standards are a change initiative that provides a consistent and accountable approach to promoting and protecting the health of Iowans through EMS. The Standards describe, in a tempered and realistic manner, the minimum infrastructure(county)and EMS services that all Iowans can reasonably expect from Emergency Medical Services.
Documents denoted by are available in Portable Document Format (.pdf).
If Adobe Acrobat Reader is not installed on your system, download and install the Acrobat® Reader from Adobe® to view these documents.
- EMS System Standards
- EMS System Standards Final Project Report
- Summary Success Stories
- Strategic Planning Resource Guide
- EMS System Standards Brochure
- Rural EMS SS Project Final Report per Standard July 2012
- Rural EMS System Standards Project Final Report July 2012
Additional Information & Sample Documents
The following sample documents have been provided as a resource to assist those that strive to implement Iowa EMS System Standards.
- Calhoun Co Advisory Council Bylaws
- Calhoun Co Sample Advisory Meeting Minutes
- Calhoun Co Sample Measurable Outcome Report Summary
- Calhoun Co Sample Meeting Agenda
- Calhoun Co Sample Skills Log 2012
- Calhoun County EMS System History
- Sample 2012 EMS System Protocols Signature Pages
- Sample EMS Affiliation Agreement
- Scott County EMS Development
- Scott County Physican Advisory Board
- Scott County Physician Advisory Board Bylaws
Evelyn Wolfe, PS
PO Box 91
Solon, Iowa 52333
(319)331-1354 - Office
´Promoting and protecting the health of Iowans through EMS´