Health Care Reform Committees
The Iowa Legislature has tasked the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) with coordinating the activities of several key advisory bodies to help implement sweeping health care reform legislation passed during the 2008 session. Also known as the Health Care Reform Bill, House File 2539 is based on the recommendations of the Legislative Commission on Affordable Health Care Plans for Small Businesses and Families and a proposal by former Governor Culver.
To learn about any of the seven panels, councils, or committees coordinated by IDPH, click on the advisory body name.
- Direct Care Worker Advisory Council
- Electronic Health Information Advisory Council and Executive Committee
- Health and Long-term Care Access Advisory Council
- Iowa Health Reform Prevention & Wellness Initiatives
- Medical Home System Advisory Council
- Patient Autonomy in Health Care Decisions Pilot Project Advisory Council
- Prevention and Chronic Care Management Advisory Council
For information about the Iowa Choice Health Care Coverage Advisory Council, administered by the Iowa Insurance Division, please click here.
To view House File 2539, which contains the authorizing language for the advisory bodies, please click here. Advisory body pages will be updated regularly with upcoming meetings, reports and other resources.
Health Benefit Exchange
An Interagency Workgroup has been formed with IDPH, Iowa Medicaid Enterprise, Iowa Insurance Division, and the Iowa Department of Revenue to begin the initial planning.
The Check-Up is a health care reform newsletter designed to keep interested Iowans up to date on the progress of health reform in our state!