The Board is made up of a total of seven members. Three who are licensed cosmetologists, one who is a licensed electrologist, esthetician, or nail technologist, one who is a license instructor of a cosmetology arts and sciences at a public or private school and who does not own a school of cosmetology arts and sciences, and two who are not licensed in a practice of cosmetology arts and sciences and who shall represent the public.
- serve three-year terms (unless filling an unexpired term),
- appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate,
- serve no more than nine years (three full terms).
Iowa Board of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences
- Dana Atkins - 2014 (2) Vice Chair
- Kimberly Page - 2014 (3) Chair
- Don Nguyen - 2015 (1)
- Richard Sheriff - 2016 (2)
- Mary Clausen - 2014 (1)
- Nicole Schultz - 2014 (1)
- Richard Mosley - 2014 (2)