The Board is made up of seven members, five who are licensed to practice social work, with at least one from each of three levels of licensure described in section 154C.3, subsection 1, two employed by a licensee under chapter 237, and two who are not licensed social workers and who shall represent the general public.
- serve three-year terms (unless filling an unexpired term),
- appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate,
- serve no more than nine years (three full terms).
Iowa Board of Social Work
- Jody Weigel, LMSW - 2016 (1)
- Neil Nelsen - 2015 (2) Public Member
- Amy Courneya, LISW - 2016 (1)
- Valerie Huntley, LISW - 2016 (1)
- Mark Hudson - 2014 (1) Public Member Chair
- Mark Hillenbrand, LISW - 2015 (1) Vice Chair
- Dana McCarthy, LBSW - 2014 (1)